So why use natural products on your skin?
There are so many reasons to use natural products. They are just as, if not more effective than their chemical counterparts, they are 100% safe and the botanicals in them just smell divine!
The active botanicals that we use in our treatments have specific and effective actions on the skin and body – nourishing and healing your skin for natural beauty from within.
At Brisbane Natural Beauty we are passionate about educating people about the dangers of conventional skincare. There are numerous studies on the detrimental effects of common ingredients in skincare such as parabens, phthalates, preservatives and aldehydes. These compounds have been associated with an increased risk of cancer, particularly breast, prostate and ovarian cancer, infertility, endometriosis, asthma, allergies and weight gain. Unlike foods, there is no regulation for what is allowed in cosmetics and skin care.
Some things you might want to know:
- Formaldehyde, a commonly used preservative in skin care and cosmetics (also used to embalm human bodies for funeral viewings) has been listed as a known carcinogen by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- The more phthalates you have in your body, the higher the chance that you’ll develop endometriosis, a condition where the lining of you uterus develops outside of the uterus, causing internal bleeding and pain Upson et al 2013 Environmental Research
- High levels of phthalates are associated with an increase breast density, a marker of breast cancer risk Sprague et al 2013 Breast Cancer Research
- An in vitro study shows that parabens can the proliferation and migration of breast cancer cells Khanna et al 2014 Journal of applied Toxicology
- Parabens have been shown to damage the DNA of sperm Meeker et al 2011 Environmental Health Perspecitive
- To date there have been thousands of studies finding detrimental effects of many of the common chemicals we use in skin care every day. There have also been no studies on the effect of these toxins when combined.
Go the natural option and save your health. Natural beauty products (that is 100% natural, without any chemicals) are safe, effective and better for the environment. Make the switch and you’ll never go back!