Rosehip oil is a wonderful adjuvant to any skin routine. Rosehip oil is unique due to the natural topical trans-retinoic acid (vitamin A) it contains. Trans-retinoic acid is a natural alternative to synthetic vitamin A creams like Retin-A, without the harmful side effects.
Rosehip oil has been clinically proven to help improve skin tone, assist healing and reduce scarring. We recommend its use to prevent aging, heal acne scars and reduce imperfections.
At Brisbane Natural Beauty we stock and use Organic Spa rosehip oil in our facials. This organic oil is of the purest quality and has organic lavender oil added in to improve the scent (rosehip oil doesn’t smell great on its own).
Here are some facts about rosehip oil:
- It is made from the fruit of the rose plant
- Rosehip oil degrades quickly, so always buy in a dark container and keep the lid firmly closed to prevent rancidity (the Organic Spa lid has a closer which you should turn after each use)
- Rosehip oil is great for anti-aging and scarring
- It is best applied after cleansing and toning (optional) right before bed
- It can be used on wounds to prevent scarring